Xarelto 10mg - generic Simvastatin
Xarelto is an effective medication, which prevents the formation of blood clots. It contains Rivaroxaban as its active ingredient, which acts as an anti-coagulant agent or blood thinning agent. It is used in the treatment of various medical disorders like pulmonary embolism and atrial fibrillation. It is used to prevent Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) in individuals, which can occur after surgical procedures.
It is used to reduce the risk of stroke caused by a blood clot. Xarelto can be used in the following indications:-
• Pulmonary embolism
• Recent stroke
• Deep vein thrombosis
• Atrial fibrillation
Store this medication at hygienic conditions and keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Xarelto 10mg:
Xarelto is available in standard dose of 10mg. It is an oral dosage form and has to be taken with a glass of water. Its dose depends on various factors. In case of atrial fibrillation, 15-20mg of this drug is to be taken with the evening meal. In case of hip or knee replacement surgery, take 10mg of this medication. It can be taken with or without meals.
It is very important to take this medication regularly. In case you forget to take a dose of Xarelto 10mg, take it as soon as your remember. Do not take two doses of this medication at the same time.
Avoid over-dosing as it can lead to harmful effects. In case of emergency, contact your physician immediately. Do not stop the use of this medication abruptly as it can increase the risk of stroke and blood clot formation.
Drug Interactions of Rivaroxaban 10mg:
Rivaroxaban 10mg is known to interact with the following medications:
• Antifungal medicines such as Voriconazole, Fluconazole, Ketoconazole
• Anti-seizure drugs such as Felbamate or Oxcarbazepine
• HIV drugs like Efavirenz, Tipranavir
• NSAIDs including Ibuprofen, Indomethacin, Celecoxib, Naproxen, Diclofenac
Important note- It can lead to a very serious blood clot around your spinal cord if you undertake a spinal tap or get spinal anesthesia (epidural). This type of blood clot could cause long-term paralysis.
Precautions of Xarelto 10mg Tablets:-
• Do not take this medication with alcoholic beverages as they can potentiate its harmful effects.
• While using this medication, regular blood tests are required to be done.
• Keep away from activities that may enhance the risk of injury or bleeding. Use additional care to put a stop to bleeding while brushing your teeth or shaving.
• Do not take Xarelto 10mg if you are hypersensitive to Generic Rivaroxaban or any of the ingredients present in it.
• Avoid Rivaroxaban in case you have or ever had bleeding in the central nervous system.
• If you suffer from uncontrollable bleeding conditions in your body or is using artificial heart valve then do not use this drug. If the adverse effects of this drug persist, then in that case, inform your physician immediately.