Tramacip 100 mg is a widely used medication for the treatment of moderate to severe pain. Generic Tramadol is the active medicament of this drug that comes under the category of an opioid analgesic. Tramacip is recommended for the treatment of pains that occurs due to surgery , operations and other pains such as back pain, joint pain, neck pain, and stretches, etc. This medication shows fast effects and its effects last for 4 to 5 hours.
Mechanism of action of Tramacip 100 mg
Tramacip 100 mg contains generic Tramadol is an opioid medication. This drug acts by inhibiting the reuptake of serotonin and nor epinephrine at the post-synaptic cleft of a neuron, which helps in reducing the pain sensation. It is a centrally acting drug. It binds to the opioid receptor and breaks the signal transfer in between the nerves and the brain.
Contraindications of Tramacip100 mg
Tramacip 100 mg is restricted to consume under some medical condition:
- Patients who are suffering from stomach or bowel problems like inflammation and ulcers should not take this drug.
- If you are suffering from mental illness and history of drug abuse then do not take this medication.
- If the patient is hypersensitive towards the generic Tramadol hydrochloride and other inactive ingredients avoid use of this drug.
- Patients with the history of the cardiac disorder should avoid using this medication.
- Avoid consuming this medication if you have liver, kidney and stomach disease.
Drug interactions of Tramacip 100 mg
Blood thinners (Warfarin), bipolar disorder and schizophrenia drugs (Lithobid),Antifungal medications, Anti-Depression medications, including monoamine Oxidase-like(Isocarboxazid), Anxiolytics (Alprazolam), Tricyclic antidepressants (Amitriptyline).
Dosage instruction of Tramacip 100 mg
Tramacip 100 mg should be taken via an oral route along with a full glass of water in every 4-6 hours as per the severity of pain. It can be taken with or without water. If missed then do not take the double dose skip the dose and go back to your regular dosage schedule. The maximum dose for adult patents is 400mg per day and for geriatric patents is 300mg per day.
Overdose of Tramacip 100 mg
If you suspect an overdose of Tramacip 100 mg seeks medical attention immediately. Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and fainting.
Adverse effects of Tramacip 100 mg
Individual may face certain common effects after administering Tramacip 100 mg side effects such as dizziness, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, orthostatic hypotension, seizures, indigestion, dry mouth, diarrhea, asthenia, tachycardia, somnolence, Sweating, CNS stimulation e.g. hallucinations, Respiratory depression itching, and sweating.
Precautions that should be taken while using Tramacip 100 mg
- Do not drive and do other machinery works because this medicine may make you feel sleepy decrease your attention.
- Pregnant women and nursing mother are advised to take this medication after doctor advice.
- Do not consume Alcohol while taking this medication.
- Do not change the dosage it may affect your breathing pattern. Hence, take doctor advice before changing the dose.
- Avoid taking other narcotic drugs while using this medication.