Ranexa is an oral medication which is used to treat chronic chest pain. It is a disorder in which a person experience chest pain due to coronary heart disease. The individual should take this drug orally two times in a day. In this drug active component is generic Ranolazine, which just improve the flow of the blood to the heart so that it works efficiently. The individual should not take this drug in case of acute angina pain, it could be life threatening. The maximum dose in a day should not be more than 2000mg. This drug comes in strength of 500mg and 1000mg.
How it works Ranexa 500mg?
Ranolazine is an active drug of Ranexa; it comes under the class of anti-anginal. This drug just augments the flow of the blood to the heart by indirectly preventing the calcium overload.
Avoid the intake of generic Ranolazine in certain condition such as:-
• In case of having any allergy to Ranexa or any of its inactive components.
• Don't take it in case of liver cirrhosis
• In case of having a history of long QT syndrome.
Don't take a certain class of drug while taking this drug such as:-
• Azole antifungal such as Itraconazole, Ketoconazole, Fluconazole
• Macrolide antibiotics such as Clarithromycin, erythromycin
• Protease inhibitors like Boceprevir, Ritonavir
• Barbiturates like Phenobarbital
• Rifamycins like Rifampin
Store this drug at (25 0C). Store it away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep it out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Dosage and Direction of Ranexa Tablets:-
Take Ranexa 500mg orally with or without food. Don't crush or chew the tablet, swallow it whole. Don't take grapefruit and its juice while taking Ranexa.
In case of angina pectoris, the individual should take this drug 500mg orally twice in a day. The individual should not take it more than suggested dose as it may cause overdose symptoms such as confusion; double vision; fainting; numbness, burning, prickling, or tingling of the skin; severe or persistent dizziness, nausea, or vomiting. In such case, the patient should take medical help.
Side effect of Renexa:-
Some common side effect caused by Ranexa include difficult or labored breathing, Bloating or swelling of the face, arms, hands, hearing loss, coma, confusion, decreased urine output, depression, lower legs, or feet continuous ringing or buzzing or other unexplained noise in the ears, fast, irregular, pounding, or racing heartbeat or pulse, cold sweats, feeling of constant movement of self or surroundings.
• This drug should not be used in acute (emergency) chronic pain.
• This drug may cause you sleepy or blurred your vision, so avoid unsafe work until you know how this drug affects you.
• Don't take alcohol while taking this drug.
• The individual should get up slowly from a laying position, as this drug cause light-headedness dizziness, or blurred vision.
• Do not take more than the recommended dose.