Ovral L is a miraculous remedy to safeguard the women from getting pregnant in future. The medicine also prevents the women from accidental or unintentional pregnancies due to any unsafe sexual intimacy act. Contraception by taking medicine is a simple and non-invasive method.
Mode of action of Ovral L:
Ovral L is an Oral Contraceptives Pill and is a combination of two different hormones named as Levonorgestrel and Ethinylestradiol. The two hormones are female hormones and functions by treating the deficiency of female sex hormone and protect the women from getting pregnant.
Ethinylestradiol belongs to the category of synthetically occurring female hormone called as estrogen. The hormone works on the pituitary gland and impedes the release of both LH and FSH. This process then eventually decreases both the growth and discharge of an egg from the ovary. Ovral L functions by speeding up the viscosity of mucus within the cervix region of women and making it difficult for the sperm to fuse with an egg. It also alters the uterus lining and prevents the fertilized egg from getting implant within the uterus.
How to intake Ovral L Pill:
Grab a pack of Ovral L containing 28 pills. Women should consume daily one active-hormonal pill for 21 days. Then take non-hormonal pills for next 7 days and resume the therapy again from the 29th day of the month of the same brand. You can start the first pill either from the first day of the menstruation or from the first Sunday that comes after the menstruation.
In case you miss a pill then take it on the next day but this time, you have to swallow two pills as a single dose. If the patient somehow misses a dose for two days then she has to take two pills as a single dose for upcoming two consecutive days.
Contraindications with Ovral L:
- Do not take this medicine if having allergic reactions to any of the constituent of Ovral L.
- In the case of abnormal vaginal bleeding, diabetes, blood or heart-related troubles omit the use of Ovral L.
- Stop the use of medicine; if suffering from breast or endometrial tumor/cancer else have to face intense vaginal bleeding.
Precautions with Ovral L:
- This medicine does not cure any type of STDs, like HIV so don't take it for the same.
- Smoking or consuming nicotine in any form may aggravate the heart disease.
- Taking alcohol with Ovral L may worsen the case of the patient.
Side effects associated with Ovral L:
Dizziness, acne, headache, gastric upset, vomiting, nausea, breast tenderness, changes in weight, hair loss and unusual spotting are some commonly associated side effects with Ovral L.