Nicotine Polacrilex Gum 4mg
Nicotine Polacrilex 4mg is a well known smoking cessation agent which is prescribed to control nicotine withdrawal symptom. It is an FDA approved medication .This gum acts by releasing nicotine and gets binds to nicotine receptor and thus reduces nicotine craving and severe associated withdrawal smoking cessation symptoms. When a person stops smoking, nicotine level drops quickly and causes withdrawal symptoms such as Nervousness, touchiness, craving tobacco, headache, weight gain, and difficulty in concentration.
Contraindication Nicotine Polacrilex Gum 4mg
It is contraindicated in case of:-
• Allergic reaction toward this product
• Lungs disease
• Thyroid disease
• Liver patient
• Cardiac patient
Drug interactions of Nicotine Gum 4mg
Avoid the intake of certain class of drug such as:-
• Anti-coagulant drugs like Warfarin, Heparin
• Anti-convulsant drugs like Phenytoin,
• Ritonavir and Amprenavir
• Valium, Benzodiazepine, opioid
Protect from moisture and direct sun light. Keep it away from reach of children or pets.
Dosage and Direction Chew Nicotine Gum 4mg
Whenever you have urge of smoking, chew Nicotine Polacrilex 4mg. Do not eat or drink anything before or after using this gum at least for 15 minutes. The individual should chew it slowly until it tingles. Stop chewing it during tingles, and start chewing it again when the tingle is gone. Don't take it more than one at a time. The individual should not take more than 24 in a day. This medicine is available in strength of 2 mg or 4 mg. Follow dosage regimen for its better effect.
• First 1 to 6 weeks take minimum 9 pieces in a day.
• 7 to 9 weeks take 1 piece of Gum every 2 to 4 hours.
• 10 to 12 weeks one piece of Gum every 4 to 8 hours
Missed Dose Nicotine Polacrilex Gum
In case of missed dose, take it as soon as come to know about it. Do not take more than 24 Gums in a single day. Never take extra dose at a time as it may cause overdose symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and increase heart rate.
Side effects of Nicotine-
• Oral irritation
• Dryness in mouth
• Blocking nose
• Enhance heart rate
• Increase blood pressure.
Please follow some precautions while taking this drug:-
• Don't take it in case of mouth ulcer diseases or dental disorder.
• Please avoid this medicine if you have any allergic reaction towards its active and inactive constituents.