Nicotex-Nicotine Chewing gum - Quit Smoking
Nicorette is indicated as a nicotine replacement therapy, which is a smoking deterrent. It decreases the nicotine level and helps you to quit smoking by decreasing the withdrawal indications.
Nicorette is available as a chewing gum and various flavors like mint, cinnamon, carrot and fruit. Nicotine is available as an active constituent in this chewing gum.
When you chew Nicorette gum, nicotine is slowly absorbed through the lining of your mouth and gets rid of craving of smoking and nicotine products. Nicorette gums double your chances of successfully quitting smoking by decreasing the craving and withdrawal symptoms.
Contraindication of Nicorette:-
Nicorette is not to be taken if you have:-
• Allergy towards generic nicotine
• lung disease
• Kidney and liver dilemma
• Cardiac disorder
• Thyroid disorder
Drug interacts with Nicorette:-
• Beta blockers (Propranolol and Labetalol), Caffeine, Insulin, Imipramine, tricyclic Antidepressant drugs, Doxazosin and Prazosin as it may increase the risk of adverse effects.
• Adrenergic agonist like Isoproterenol and phenylephrine as it may decrease the effectiveness of medicine.
Storage of Nicorette:-
It should be properly stored at the room temperature 30 C and away from the direct contact of heat, sunlight and moisture.
Dosing schedule of Nicorette tablets:-
Nicorette gum is available in two strengths like 2mg and 4mg. If you smoke 20 or more cigarettes within a day then you can take 4mg of Nicorette and if you smoke less than 20 cigarettes a day then you should consume 2mg of Nicorette. Do not eat or drink before or after using the Nicorette.
Whenever you urge to smoke, chew one piece of Nicorette. Keep it between your cheeks and gum. Chew the gum slowly and nicotine is released into your body via the mouth lining. Start chewing the gum again until the taste has washed out. Repeat the same process again until the craving of nicotine disappears. Do not use this medicine for more than 12 weeks.
For best and effective result, follow below mentioned schedule:-
• First 1 to 6 weeks, use 9 pieces of gum per day.
• 7 to 9 weeks, use 1 piece of gum every 2 to 4 hours.
• 10 to 12 weeks, one piece of gum very 4 to 8 hours.
Adverse effects of Nicorette:-
Dryness of mouth, gum irritation, increased heart rate, increase blood pressure and nose congestion.
Special safety and precautions Nicorette Gum 2mg, 4mg:-
• Don't get this drug, if you have any sort of dental problem.
• If you have mouth ulcers, then avoid the use of this chewing gum.
• Avoid the use of liquor along with this drug.
• Not to be taken by the children under 12 years of age.
• Do not stop the intake of this gum suddenly as it may cause serious withdrawal symptoms like anxiety, craving, loss of appetite, weight gain and sleep problem.
• Do not smoke and use tobacco products while taking this drug.