Mircette is a combination of ethinyl estradiol and desogestrel. It is an effective oral contraceptive pill for birth control and it is also used to regularize the menstrual cycle and acne treatment.
Mechanism of action of Mircette
Mircette prevents the ovulation. It shows its effect by suppressing gonadotropin. It works by inhibiting the ovulation and to alter the cervical mucus and the endometrium wall. Finally makes the vaginal fluid thick to prevent the sperm from reaching the egg for fertilization.
Contraindications of Mircette
Mircette is contraindicated when used under certain medical conditions.
- If the patient is allergic to the active components f the medication should avoid using this medication.
- If you are having the medical history of Thrombophlebitis or thromboembolic disorders avoid using this medication.
- A patient who is suffering from cerebral vascular or coronary artery disease better avoid this medication.
- If the patients suffering from breast t cancer use this medication will lead to sever health problems.
- This medication should be avoided if u is suffering from abnormal bleeding.
Drug Interaction of Mircette
When two or more drugs are taken together they may show interaction.
Rifampicin, barbiturates, tetracycline, Aromatase inhibitors
Dosage instruction of Mircette
Pack contains 28 pills in total which include 26 active pills of white and yellow colour and 2 inactive pills of light green colour.
Start taking this medicine from the first day of your period. Take first active pill on the first day of your period. Take one pill daily at the same time. After taking 28 pills immediately starts the new pack on the next day.
If you missed a dose of Mircette
If you miss one active pill, then take 2 pills at the same time. If you skip 2 tablets then take 2tablets for next two regular days. If you miss 3 doses then discard the pack and start with new one.
In case of overdose of Mircette
In case you suspect an overdose of this medication, seeks immediate medical attention. Symptoms of an overdose include nausea, vomiting, and vaginal bleeding.
Storage instruction of Mircette
Mircette should be stored away from heat light and humidity. Keep it away from the reach of kids.
Side effects of Mircette
You may face some unwanted side effects after taking this medication includes nausea, vomiting, chills, headache, vaginal bleeding, stomach pain, dizziness, Irregular breathing , vision change ,weakness, clay-colored stool, loss of coordination, unpleasant breath odor.
Safety measures to be adopted while taking this medication.
- Women should discontinue this medication if jaundice develops.
- This medicine is used with caution in the medical condition of fluid retention.
- Women with the history of depression should carefully use this medication.
- Nursing women should avoid using this medication.