Careprost eye drop is the best choice for the person having insufficient eyelashes, as it is quite effective in the management of hypotrichosis of eyelashes. It helps the eyelashes to grow longer, thicker and darker. It is also used to lower the raised intraocular pressure built within the glaucomatous eyes. Careprost eye drop encloses an active component called Bimatoprost.
Mechanism of action of Careprost eye drops:
Bimatoprost increases the growth of eyelashes by increasing the anagen stage and reducing the telogen stage in the eyelashes growth cycle. It increases the steady flow of aqueous humor out of the eyeball and reduces the creation of aqueous humour in the eyeball. This helps to reduce raised the intraocular pressure within the eyeball.
Method of administration of Careprost eye drops:
For the treatment of hypotrichosis of eyelashes: Wash your face before using Careprost eye drop and your face with a dry towel to dry. Take a sterile applicator and put a drop of it. Start applying eye drop on the upper eyelashes from the internal end to the external end of the eyelashes. For maximum results, use this eye drop continuously for 12-16 weeks.
For the treatment of open-angle glaucoma: You have to instill one drop of Careprost eye drops into the affected eye in the evening before going to bed.
Contraindications of Careprost eye drops:
- If you are hypersensitive to Careprost eye drop or its other components, then do not use this medicine.
- If you are pregnant or expecting to become pregnant, then do not use Careprost eye drop.
- Breastfeeding mothers do not use this medicine.
- You must remove your contact lenses before using Careprost eye drop and may placed back in the eyes 15 minutes after using this medicine
- The use of Careprost eye drop may impair your vision, so do not drive or carry out other possibly unsafe tasks after using this eye drop.
- If you have inflammation, swelling, infection, or injury of the eye, then communicate with your doctor before using this medicine.
- Children should Careprost eye drop with extreme caution, as safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- You must remove excess medicine around your eye with a clean with a clean dry tissue paper.
Are there any side effects of Careprost eye drop?
A user may suffer from some side effects while using Careprost eye drops such as lightheadedness, dry eyes, headache, unclear vision, pigmentation of the iris, conjunctival edema, and conjunctivitis.