In majority of cases, there are no apparent symptoms of high blood pressure (hypertension), which can lead to heart disorders. The only way to find out that you are affected by hypertension is to get your blood pressure regularly checked. High blood pressure can silently damage your body organs and heart for years without mounting any signs and symptoms. When this illness is left uncontrolled, you may face heart attack, kidney disorders and other conditions. Fortunately, Microzide provides the true treatment by managing and controlling your high blood pressure to lower the risk of serious conditions. Microzide is an extraordinary antihypertensive medication available here which contains Hydrochlorothiazide as main component in it. This generic medicine can also be used to treat calcium-containing kidney stones as has a remarkable property to lower the amount of calcium excreted by kidneys in the urine, thereby decreasing the amount of calcium to form stones.
How it works Microzide 12.5mg?
Microzide contains Hydrochlorothiazide which falls under the drug class called thiazide diuretics. Hydrochlorothiazide controls the fluid retention (edema) and high blood pressure by working on kidneys to form more urine which breaks apart extra salts and water from the body. This results in lowering of blood pressure.
Dosage Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5mg:
The adult recommended dose of Microzide is 12.5 to 25mg orally one time daily usually in the morning. It can be taken with or without food. It is best to avoid consuming this tablet within 4 hours of your bedtime to avoid getting up to urinate.
Side effects Microzide 12.5mg medication:
Side effect is any harmful effect which can result from an intervention or any drug. These can be mild, moderate or serious, permanent or temporary. The side effects associated with Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg may include mild headache, nausea, vomiting, constipation, dry mouth, restlessness, or muscle pain and weakness.
Interactions Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg tablets:
Before taking Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg, inform your physician if you are taking any of the following medications:
• Cardiac drugs: Digoxin
• Mood stabilizers: Lithium
• High cholesterol lowering drugs: Cholestyramine
• Muscle relaxants
• Oral diabetics: Insulin
• NSAIDs: Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Celecoxib
Contraindications HCTZ 25 mg:
To guarantee that you can safely take HCTZ 25 mg, it’s important NOT to take this medicine if you are suffering from any of the following:
• Renal or hepatic disease
• Eye disease such as Glaucoma
• Asthma or other allergic symptoms
• Pregnancy and lactation
• As HCTZ 12.5 mg may cause weight loss as it helps in eliminating the excessive fluid buildup and inflammation. Therefore, if you experience any noteworthy weight loss and/or fatigue, inform your physician. Don't start taking it for the purpose of weight loss.
• While on Microzide treatment, it becomes important to limit the intake of alcohol as it aggravates side effects (dizziness, low blood pressure, or blurred vision) of this medication.
• This antihypertensive medication can also result in low blood potassium levels in your blood, which can have an effect on heart and may lead to irregular heartbeat. Therefore, increase the intake of potassium supplements or potassium-rich foods in your diet while taking Microzide.
"Microzide sets you to live long with controlled blood pressure."