Benicar HCT Tablets
Generic Benicar is an oral drug used for treating patients who are suffering from the symptoms of high blood pressure. In Benicar active drug is Olmesartan Medoxomil, belongs to the group of angiotensin II receptor antagonists. This drug lowers down the blood pressure, by enhancing the flow of the blood to the heart, by keeping blood vessels to remain wider. The individual should take this drug at least for 2 weeks to get its full benefits. It should never be prescribed for an individual under the age of 6 years. This drug comes under the dose of 20mg and 40mg.
How it works Generic Benicar?
In Benicar generic Olmesartan Medoxomil is an active drug, this drug lower down the raise pressure by inhibiting angiotensin II receptor, which is responsible for increasing blood pressure.
Contraindication Benicar HCT:-
The intake of this drug restricted in certain enlisting condition such as
• Don't take this drug in case of pregnancy as it may harm the child.
• Avoid consumption of this drug in case of having a history of CHF, diabetes, asthma, gout, kidney or liver disorder, increased levels of cholesterol or triglyceride.
• The individual under the age of 6 years old should not take this drug.
• The diabetic patient should not take this drug with Aliskiren.
• The individual who ever had any kind of allergy to Benicar or any of its inactive component.
Drug Interaction of Olmesartan Medoxomil:-
Avoid the intake of certain class of drug while taking Benicar such as
• Barbiturates like Amobarbital, Butabarbital
• NSAIDs like Ibuprofen,Celebrex,Mobic,Indocin
• Muscle Relaxants like Lioresal, Soma, Skelaxin
• Narcotic Medication like Hydrocodone, Meperidine
Storage condition of Benicar HCT Tablets
This medicine should be stored at the temperature ranging from 20- to 25 0C. Keep it away from heat or moisture.
Dosage and Direction of Benicar HCT
Take this drug orally as prescribed with or without food. Avoid the intake of potassium supplement or salt. The initial prescribed dose for Benicar is 20mg.This drug may take 2 weeks to show its full benefits. While taking dosage regimen of this drug, regular blood pressure check up must be done. The individual should not take this more than the recommended dose.
Side effect of Benicar 20mg, 40mg Tablets:-
Some of the common side effect caused by Benicar include dizziness , headache, constipation , swelling of the face, mouth, tongue or lips ,hives or skin rash ,chest pain ,shortness of breath even after mild activity ,yellow color in eyes and skin, fever ,dryness in the mouth and gastric irritation.
• Limit the intake of alcohol while taking drug Benicar as it may increase the side effect of this drug.
• Routine check of blood pressure should be done regularly. In case of any fluctuation in blood pressure take medical help.
• The nursing mother avoids feeding to the child.
• In case of vomiting, diarrhea or sweating more than the usual take medical help.
• This drug makes you drowsy, so get up slowly from lying position or avoid driving.